5/26/2019

Day Eleven - Books

Tired. End of day posts are something to get used to I suppose.  Or just stop doing.

I'll keep it simple.  Books.  Current reads and past reads that I have on my mind.


And reading -- the fact that I love doing it, believe it is very important, and am finally making the time.  And slowly, painfully, the muscle is coming back.  

Yesterday I was waiting for someone and in the stillness, the purgatory, the lengthy pause in the flow of life we call "waiting", the opportunity to simply exist in time observing and absorbing and processing and just relaxing the brain if we wanted to was presented and I of course almost immediately reached for my phone.  A knee-jerk, completely unconscious action.  My body received a signal and reacted with what it has been trained to do - get phone.  And my phone was purposefully hidden and turned off way beyond my reach.  And I could feel myself getting angry (even though I was the one who placed it at a distance and turned it off). And I thought for a second - ok what about a book?  If you need something to do so badly, why not grab that book?  I think that might be progress.



No comments:

Post a Comment