6/05/2019

Day Twenty-One - Year of hibernation

A colleague was telling me that she had updated someone on my status.

"Well, what did you say?"

"That you worked a lot and are learning to say 'no' and that you are taking supplements with animal products in them and it is a big deal.  So, not much."

I kind of love this.




My year in pictures...



New Year's on the beach.  Talking to the ocean.  Being in nature.




Reflecting back during my Kon Mari weekend. Watercolors from 2013.



Reflecting way back during Kon Mari weekend to backpacking Europe at 17.  I couldn't stand high school.  Tried to drop out and got on an accelerated program instead.  Graduated years early (really I couldn't get out fast enough), shaved my head, grabbed my jansport and got on a plane.  This is a postcard from a friend I made on one of my last days.






Scene from The Little Shala.  Mysore in Albuquerque is way different than in New York.  It is harder.  The culture is more baked in and harder to work around.  Not impossible, just harder.  Each person who shows up is a hero.  The shared energy of everyone else really gave me the extra boost I needed for my own practice this winter.  






Made friends and friends moved away.  It is just like Mysore, India around here lately.  Magic included.




Found timeless connection where and when it was least expected.





And got lost in time in the desert.  







Quiet moments in Belize.  Nature.  Ocean.







Started painting again.







Slept in a real magic school bus.



Olive forever.









No comments:

Post a Comment