1/13/2024

Mornings

 Mornings are like this:

Wake up without an alarm — this is such an unbelievable gift. Although it is of course a gift to have to wake up in order to do all the things that are gifts as well — practicing in India, the opportunity to work, get your Mexican residency, have a body that can do the things. And also, alarms kind of put me in a panic mode. I like to sit in the dark in the morning. In the silence. On the floor. Maybe music but I have to pick it. In the last month I’ve received a nickname - the little troll haha. 

Sip coffee — I have been told it isn’t coffee. The best people don’t comment. They just sit by your side or keep increasing the strength with love. 4 heaping spoonfuls of NescafĂ© instant in scalding hot water. That’s the recipe. It isn’t up for discussion. 

We have these gorgeous high ceilings in our flat and full floor to ceiling windows that open to the warm tropical air. I sit kind of outside and kind of inside or we all pile together as the city slowly wakes up.  

You can see the ocean. I can’t believe I am here and also it feels like the only place I should be. 

I journal or read or watch little YouTube videos. I make list after list. 

Then a shower and on my mat for practice. It doesn’t really matter what time I get up. I am always the troll. And I am always not really awake until 11am. 

Most of the time now we are finding personal homeostasis - mental and physical health. De-stressing. Recharging. Home cooked meals. Gardening. Running, yoga, working out. Cleaning out our closets. Dreaming about the future. Setting up our home. 

Yesterday we went on an adventure to surrounding towns in search of baskets. It turns out baskets are the big thing that we both feel will bring our visual home homeostasis peace. Big baskets and small baskets to put all the little things in that don’t really have a place or aren’t really that visually appealing. Just little plastic bundles of advertising with things we really appreciate having inside. We want to put them in baskets. And right now baskets are not so easy to find. 

We did get our Amazon set up. But you know there is US Amazon and MX Amazon and which do you use? And where do you ship? And do they even ship to you? We ordered some wall hangers to find out. Success. We placed an order of our biggest wants. They will be here in 10 days. Like it’s 2002. But still, I’m super happy. People ask what I’m doing and I’m again and again saying “getting settled”. And eating tacos. There are a lot of tacos. 

And reminding myself to just be here. To wait thirty days before the financial stuff. (Yesterday.) Because sometimes just like in India or anywhere when you have big changes you sometimes get this urge to like organize things or control something or wipe something away, delete, leave, escape etc. And I think I managed to talk myself down with that post. ONE MONTH. You take your own wisdom and advice and you wait ONE MONTH. 

Step two though, in case you are wondering, is take inventory. Maybe that’s one for tomorrow because now its time for practice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment